I’m sure you’ve heard that smiling is good for your health, but did you know it can also work wonders for your business success!? Yup, start smiling for success.
As an entrepreneur you want to portray a certain image of yourself. You want to appeal to your audience, be able to engage with them, and want them to see you as approachable.
You want to get people to feel comfortable to contact you. When people trust you, they listen to you. Being able to successfully and positively engage with both clients and other business prospects, is essential for business growth.
There are many ways to grow in your success and smiling is definitely one of them. Easy enough right?
Here are 6 ways smiling can help can help boost your business confidence.
1. Smiling makes us more approachable – A positive disposition draws people. If you’re smiling it gives a positive impression, making people feel more comfortable around you. They feel more welcomed to join in conversation. Being able to connect with clients, customers or other entrepreneurs is how you further expand and grow your business. Your smile is your beacon...turn it on!
2. Smiling boosts your performance, physically and mentally – When you smile, your cortisol output is reduced, helping you to relax. When you’re more relaxed, your brain performs better. This also keeps your immune system chugging happily along. Staying healthy, vital, and energized is important for your business confidence and success. You want your physical and mental performance to be at your best when it comes to your business.
3. Smiling causes others around you to relax and creates trust - Here's a cool thing- a mirror neuron. "A mirror neuron is a neuron that fires both when an animal acts and when the animal observes the same action performed by another. Thus, the neuron "mirrors" the behavior of the other, as though the observer were itself acting." (More Info Here) Because of this a smile has the power to melt away other's insecurities, and when clients or customers feel safe around you, it helps create a trust between you both. Trust is vital in creating your success. The last thing you want is for people to feel nervous or insecure around you as this creates a negative impression.
4. Smiling lowers your blood pressure – Don’t let your nerves bring down your success. If you’re about to give an important speech, seminar, webinar- whatever it may be, and you’re freaking out, try smiling for 60 seconds. You will become more relaxed and your blood pressure will improve. You don’t want a shaking mic or voice up there. You want to sound and look like the confident, strong entrepreneur you are, (even if you aren't, you still want to look like it) which brings me to my next point…
5. Smiling makes you more confident and successful and trustworthy – When you smile, people perceive you as being more confident and successful. When people see you as a successful, confident person, this also helps YOU believe in yourself. When you show you believe and know what you’re talking about, people are more likely to trust you. Like I mentioned before, being trusted is key to building a successful business.
6. Smiling makes you more attractive – As an entrepreneur, our image is everything. You want people to see you as lively and positive, not boring, or negative. Smiling lifts our face and creates the appearance of youth. You look more vibrant and positive which is more attractive and creates more of a liking between you, your customer or other fellow entrepreneurs. And hey, when you look younger, you feel younger, and when you feel younger there's more to smile about.
~ OH and how great is this - Even a fake smile will STILL send out those happy “brain cocktails” made of endorphins and serotonin, making you feel good and look good.
So there you have it. Start creating success with something as simple and easy as a smile. It’s good for your health AND your wealth. Stay on top of your business, stay confident and positive. Smile.
Click here for my blog “11 health benefits of smiling.” Learn how smiling is also healing.
If you’re finding yourself in a success rut, contact me for a FREE 45 minute strategy session. Together we’ll create a clear vision for your success and uncover hidden challenges sabotaging your success.
Bambi Thompson is a brain coach for anxiety transformation and success acceleration. She teaches entrepreneurial women how to leverage brain science, mindset, the human energy body, and the Law of Attraction to dismantle limitation and unleash power, confidence, and momentum.
It'll boost your mojo with tools you can start using immediately. Be sure to join my mailing list to receive the latest news, tools, strategies and updates to enhance your life!
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.