We try to stay focused for way longer and harder than we should. Often we think being productive is accomplishing as many different tasks as we can in too short a time frame, but is this definition of productivity actually bettering your business?
Do you enjoy it?
How do you feel staring at a computer screen, constantly writing notes or researching ALL DAY, only getting up for a drink or the toilet?
It's draining! Not to mention totally boring.
You've got to know how to enjoy work AND get shit done. You don't need to be mentally and physically drained at work.
1. Start by doing something for you. When you sit down to work, put on beautiful music, have fresh flowers on your desk and/or even burn some aromatherapy. This first step is to get you feeling calm, relaxed and at peace. If you have a picture of who or what makes you most happy, put it on your desk to look at. Loving myself during the work day is reflected in your work and, if you're making calls, the people you talk to. Often when I've had to make calls, and do first power tip, they comment on this "feeling" of calm and positive energy.
2. Work hard for 20 minutes then take a power up break. The brain loves to work hard for about 20 minutes but then it loves a SHORT break to clear itself and ready for the next turbo charged work session. Take 5 minutes. Set a timer if you need to. During this time take several deep breaths, stretch, and affirm you are the CEO of your mind and productivity. Your brain loves praise! We need to acknowledge our achievements towards our goals. Take this time to give your eyes a break. Close them and visualize your life with your success achieved and feel the joy of it.
3. Keep a sticky note as a visual to help you focus. Write your task (in my case - "Writing a blog post" ) on a sticky note. Put it on your computer screen and every time you think about something else, look at the sticky note. Our brain LOVES visuals. It's also why we love Pinterest and Instagram so much. Visuals trigger lots of emotional charge easily, and when you work with the Law of Attraction, that emotional charge is the secret sauce to making things happen faster. Seeing the bright color in your periphery vision and seeing the written words of the task helps your brain focus in a positive way.
4. Mid work day, take time for a brief walk. Get yourself out of your office and and step outside. Nature is a wonderful energy booster and stress relief tool to balance and ground ourselves. This helps to keep our brain in it's sharpest performance mode, to be clear, efficient, and focused. Many of us are stuck behind our computers all day so it's really important to get fresh air. We need to move and connect with God's healing energy via Mother Nature.
5. DRINK WATER. Yes, you've heard this a thousand times over, but its because its so freakin' important if you want to stay productive and avoid that cortisol crash. The brain is an electrical machine and water is a great conductor of electricity. So give it what it needs to function efficiently, what it thrives on and loves. Dehydration is a huge contributor to why we all are so tired. Making habit of drinking water is powerful way to avoid fatigue and relieve stress. For feeling the most energized I like to drink Blue Solar Water. When checking the energy field with dowsing rods, the energy field of the blue water is about 6 feet as compared to less than one foot for regular filtered tap water. For more on the benefits of blue solar water and how to make it yourself just click here.
6. Lastly, set a timer for quitting time. Overworking yourself will do nothing for your business except make you stressed and constantly looking forward to your pillow. I set two. The first timer goes off 30 minutes before my quitting time to collect myself. I take this time to get my desk cleared and my plan for the next day written down. This is to clear any icky energy debris from the work-space and the plan for the next day.
Just because you are happy while you work doesn't mean you are being any less productive, infact, you're likely being more productive. When you're calm and at peace, you're brain is sending out those happy brain cocktails of Dopamine, Oxytocin, Serotonin, and Endorphins. When you're in a good mood, your productivity will reflect that. Trust me, you'll be amazed at how much more you can accomplish just by using following these 6 tips for positive and productive success.
If you're feeling a high level of anxiety and stress from either your personal or professional life, grab your free Anxiety Breakthrough Jumpstart Kit. It's got a 3-minute Energizing Guided Meditation, my content rich teaching audio “Panicky to Powerful in 60 Seconds." You will also start receiving my bi-weekly newsletter full of tools, tips, and resources.
Bambi Thompson is a brain coach for anxiety transformation and success acceleration. She teaches entrepreneurial women how to leverage brain science, mindset, the human energy body, and the Law of Attraction to dismantle limitation and unleash power, confidence, and momentum.