9 Tips to Increase Your Productivity
Follow these 9 tips and watch your productivity increase followed by business success.
We all need to hone the skill of increasing our productivity if we are serious about our success. It takes commitment to focus and to execute to be sure! I always find that regularly bringing my attention to the question of "How productive am I being?" is very helpful. Consistency is one of the biggest challenges to my success and profitability, and not having systems is one reason. When I have a system for something, I rock it more consistently. Productivity can also have a system. What would you achieve if you had a system to be productive? Yeowza! Great thought.
These 9 tips I consider to be a system of sorts - for my productivity.
Note: I think they're equally important, so I'm not going to number them.
- On Friday before closing up shop, or Monday AM - set the goals for the week and break them all into small achievable steps
- Every morning, give yourself only 3 tasks to accomplish each day. Write them down. This helps you prioritize things and that's a small enough list to remember and achieve.
- Give yourself an artificial or shorter deadline to get something done by. Parkinson's Law states that a project swells or shrinks into the time allotted to it. By tightening the window of time you have to get it done, your brain kicks into high gear...kind of like the last day before a vacation. That's an uber productive day right?
- Work in 30 minute chunks. If you're ADD- make it 15 so you can actually focus and stay on task. Set a timer and write on a sticky note what the task at hand is. Now stick that note to your paper, wall, or computer to remind you what you're supposed to be focusing on. Keep checking yourself- Am I on task?
- Keep a notebook or paper handy for all the brain farts of things you have to do so you can quickly write them down when they come up. This helps you clear your mind and stay focused on the task at hand. Our brain can relax and focus when not trying to remember a bunch of things to do.
- Have daily blocks of time in your calendar for catch-up, organizing, and brain boosting breaks. USE THEM FOR THESE THINGS. This is where all those little brain fart tasks can be looked at, and where you can tidy your desk again and file things. Taking 5 minutes to stretch and breathe and affirm your goals for the day can do wonders for your productivity.
- Only do email 2 times a day. This will help people realize that you check email around 9 AM and 4 PM, so they don't think your neglecting them. Do more times if your business demands that, but don't let other people's agendas keep you from your own. Boundaries must be set if you are an entrepreneur with a team, otherwise you do email all day putting out fires and don't move your business forward.
- Celebrate your successes at the end of the day. Write down what worked and what didn't work so you can tweak things the next day. Celebrations and course corrects are pivotal to our continued success.
- Put a post-it note in front of your face in your office- "I am committed to my productivity plan"
When I do these things... I feel amazingly productive, I move my business forward steadily, I achieve more, and bottom line? I feel happier, healthier, and wealthier because the income goes up.
If productivity AND money is your bugaboo, grab a free Skyrocket Your Success strategy session with me. There we'll discuss whether my Money Mojo Jumpstart Kit, my Money Mojo Mastery Homestudy course, or my Upcoming Vibrant Sassy Success Club is the answer to your solutions. Perhaps it's a VIP day or a neuro-reprogramming audio?!
There are lots of ways in which I support people, and you deserve that opportunity to see if one fits you.
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel for more tips, tools, testimonials and interviews with other mojo masters.
Don't let anxiety crush your mojo. Grab my Anxiety Breakthrough Jumpstart kit and kick anxiety to the curb.
Grab my free Anxiety Breakthrough Jumpstart Kit
It'll boost your mojo with tools you can start using immediately. Be sure to join my mailing list to receive the latest news, tools, strategies and updates to enhance your life!
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.